Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 20th Nov 2012
WA Beer Week, wabeerweek.com (collectively “WA Beer Week”) operate the WA Beer Week booking system and web pages (“WA Beer Week platform”) for events created by EVENT ORGANISERS. WA Beer Week provides the WA Beer Week platform and associated software to EVENT ORGANISERS so that they may list event details, set ticket inventory, sell tickets, take registrations and manage other event functions using the WA Beer Week platform. WA Beer Week provides access to certain parts of the WA Beer Week platform to the general public so that they may transact and interact with the EVENT ORGANISER. The following Terms and Conditions of Use and Purchase Policy (“these Terms”) have been created to ensure you are happy with your ticket purchase and that you fully understand the purchase process with the EVENT ORGANISER who uses WA Beer Week, the WA Beer Week platform, WA Beer Week powered partner websites and WA Beer Week retail store associates to promote the EVENT ORGANISER’s events, sell tickets, make registrations and bookings.
- Section 1 : General
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- By using or visiting the WA Beer Week platform, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the WA Beer Week platform.
- WA Beer Week and wabeerweek.com (collectively “WA Beer Week”) reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the WA Beer Week platform. To ensure you are aware of the latest Purchase Policy and Terms and Conditions of Use, please check this page of the WA Beer Week platform periodically which is available from every event page on the WA Beer Week platform. The latest date of issue will be posted at the top of this page.
- Section 2 : Permitted Use Of The WA Beer Week Platform
- You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of WA Beer Week platform for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this site for any purpose other than to review an event and its promotional information, for personal use, or to purchase tickets for your personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorised by WA Beer Week to do so.
- The content and software on this site is the property of WA Beer Week and is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. We post a legal notice and various credits on the WA Beer Week platform, which may not be amended or removed. You must not remove this notice or these credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
- Section 3 : Links And Search Results On The WA Beer Week Platform
- The WA Beer Week platform may include links posted by the EVENT ORGANISER or automatically produce search results that reference or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. To the extent permitted by law, where WA Beer Week has no control over these web sites or the content contained within them, WA Beer Week cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in third party websites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive.
- WA Beer Week does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer in a harmful or damaging way. By using the WA Beer Week platform to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against WA Beer Week for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the WA Beer Week platform to obtain search results or to link to another site. If you have a problem with a link from the WA Beer Week platform, please notify us at email@example.com and we will investigate the problem you describe in your email and take actions that we deem are appropriate in our sole discretion.
- Section 4 : Unauthorised Use Of The WA Beer Week Platform Illegal and/or unauthorised uses of the WA Beer Week platform, whether for unauthorised ticket sales, unauthorised framing of or linking to the WA Beer Week platform will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken.
- Section 5 : Violation Of These Terms And Conditions
- If you violate these Terms including if you post or provide User Content which violates these Terms or has violated the rights of WA Beer Week, any other User or the law, WA Beer Week may terminate your use of the WA Beer Week platform, prevent you from making all future bookings using the WA Beer Week platform, and/or take legal action against you. Where this occurs, WA Beer Week will provide you with reasonable prior written notice that this will be implemented, together with reasons for that action being taken. If you wish to dispute that decision of WA Beer Week, you have 5 days within WA Beer Week providing its notice to you to do so and WA Beer Week will act reasonably in considering your response.
- If you materially violate these Terms (which includes any breach of clause 6), in addition to paragraph 5(a), WA Beer Week may cancel your ticket orders in which case WA Beer Week will provide you with written notice of that cancellation together with reasons for that cancellation and will provide you with a refund of the ticket price paid by you.
- You agree that monetary damages may not provide a sufficient remedy to WA Beer Week for violations of these terms and conditions and you consent to injunctive or other equitable relief for such violations.
- WA Beer Week is not required to provide any refund to you if you are terminated as a user because you have violated these Terms, except as expressly set out in these Terms.
- Section 6 : WA Beer Week Copyright PolicyYou may only submit content to the WA Beer Week platform (“User Content”) where you have the rights to do so. In particular, you:
- may not use the WA Beer Week platform to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material (including articles, images, stories and software) without a license, express consent, valid defence or fair use exemption to do so; an
- must ensure that the content you upload does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties (such as privacy or publicity rights).
- Section 7 : Disclaimers
- WA Beer Week does not promise that the WA Beer Week platform will be error-free, uninterrupted, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the WA Beer Week platform or any content, search or link on it.
- The WA Beer Week platform and its content are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis.
- WA Beer Week can not ensure that files you download from the WA Beer Week platform will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features although WA Beer Week will take steps consistent with industry practice to protect against this occurring.
- WA Beer Week does not by these Terms exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or equivalent state or territory legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, WA Beer Week excludes all rights, remedies, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of this site and the WA Beer Week platform whether based in statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent possible, the following paragraphs of this clause 7 will apply.
- WA Beer Week will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the WA Beer Week platform, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, and punitive and consequential damages.
- WA Beer Week makes no guarantee of any specific result from use of the WA Beer Week platform or use of the WA Beer Week service.
- WA Beer Week disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third party users, WA Beer Week users, advertisers and/or sponsors on the WA Beer Week platform, in connection with the WA Beer Week service or otherwise related to your use of the WA Beer Week platform and/or the WA Beer Week service. WA Beer Week is not responsible for the products, services, actions or failure to act of any venue, performer, promoter or other third party in connection with or referenced on the WA Beer Week platform.
- Without limiting the other provisions of this clause 7, you may report the misconduct of users and/or third party advertisers, service and/or product providers referenced on or included in the WA Beer Week platform to WA Beer Week at firstname.lastname@example.org. WA Beer Week may investigate the claim and take appropriate action, in its sole discretion.
- Section 8 : Payment Methods WA Beer Week processes your credit card depending upon the methods accepted by the EVENT ORGANISER which may include: Visa, MasterCard, American Express. At no stage does your entire credit card number get collected or stored in Our system. The only parties to receive the entire card number are Our bank and the Payment Gateway. If you are concerned about using your credit card online please contact us for assistance.
- Section 9 : Limits On Tickets Purchases Per Customer When purchasing tickets on WA Beer Week, you are limited to a maximum of 10 tickets for each event unless the EVENT ORGANISER has authorised such purchases in its terms and conditions. If you try to circumvent the WA Beer Week platforms to purchase more than 10 tickets the EVENT ORGANISER may at its discretion cancel additional bookings. This limitation has been designed to prevent unfair buying practices at popular events and make sure everyone gets a fair chance of attending the event. The reselling of tickets is strictly prohibited by non-authorised re-sellers, tickets found to be re-sold maybe voided and canceled at WA Beer Week’s discretion.
- Section 10 : Pricing And Ticket Availability
- WA Beer Week sells tickets on behalf of EVENT ORGANISERS which means WA Beer Week does not determine the ticket prices, booking fees, postage and handling fees (if posted tickets are an option) or the seating selections.
- Ticket inventory is the responsibility of the EVENT ORGANISER. Given inventory set by the EVENT ORGANISER, popular events may sell out quickly. Occasionally, additional tickets may be available in addition to inventory using WA Beer Week set by the EVENT ORGANISER, however the EVENT ORGANISER controls this inventory and its availability.
- Section 11 : Credit Card Purchases – Proof Of Identity
- In most cases where you purchase your tickets using a credit card, in order to collect your tickets, you will be required to present the credit card used to purchase tickets and a picture identification, which must match each other and must match the name under which the booking was made.
- You can only buy tickets with your parent’s or another person’s credit card if:
- You have both permission to use the credit card and can bring it to the event or;
- You have permission to use the card and the card holder has completed the WA Beer Week credit card authorisation form – you will need to bring the form completed by the card holder to the event – click here to view and print AND IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH EITHER OF THE ABOVE, YOU WILL NOT BE LET INTO THE EVENT, even with a valid ticket.
- All purchases are charged to your credit card at the time of purchase, not at the time of entry to the event.
- All purchases are charged to your credit card at the time of purchase, not at the time of entry to the event.
- Section 12 : Licensed Venues – Proof Of Identity In Australia, WA Beer Week sometimes sells tickets for events at licensed venues, and these venues require a valid driver’s license, passport or proof of age to prove you are over 18 years of age. You may need to present this proof at the event venue to obtain admission.
- Section 13 : Delivery Of TicketsThrough the WA Beer Week platform the EVENT ORGANISER may elect to offer one or more of the following delivery options for your ticket order. The proof of identity requirements set out in clauses 12 and 13 will apply regardless of the delivery of ticket method used.
- By “email / e-ticket” option: The WA Beer Week platform provides an opportunity for you to provide your email address and will attempt to deliver your e-ticket by email to that email address. If you do not receive your e-ticket then please contact WA Beer Week by email email@example.com at least 48 hours before the scheduled event.
- By “at the door” option: Tickets delivered through “at the door” delivery option are typically available one hour prior to the event start time at the location set by the EVENT ORGANISER.
- By “Post” or “Registered Post” option: Please ensure you supply the correct billing and credit card account information for ticket orders as incorrect details will delay processing and delivery. WA Beer Week and EVENT ORGANISER do not post to PO Boxes.
- Delivery of tickets are the responsibility of the EVENT ORGANISER, unless WA Beer Week has undertaken to provide this service to the EVENT ORGANISER. If you have selected delivery through the mail, please allow at least 10 working days after your order is made to receive your tickets from the EVENT ORGANISER unless the EVENT ORGANISER has provided express delivery options. If you have not received your tickets within 48 hours of the event, please contact the EVENT ORGANISER via the phone number or email address supplied on the EVENT ORGANISER WA Beer Week event page or contact WA Beer Week at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Section 14 : Cancelled Events
- Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the EVENT ORGANISER due to weather conditions or situations affecting the staff or audience. When this occurs, the EVENT ORGANISER will make every effort to ensure you receive a prompt refund and/or exchange if applicable.
- If an event is cancelled or postponed, refunds will be determined by the EVENT ORGANISER. To find out about the refund availability and process:
- you will be notified by email if you have opted in to receive email updates; or
- you can review notices posted on the EVENT ORGANISER’s website or contact the EVENT ORGANISER via the email address supplied on the EVENT ORGANISER’s WA Beer Week listing.
- If the event was moved or rescheduled, the EVENT ORGANISER may set refund limitations. Contact the EVENT ORGANISER for exact instructions.
- If a refund has been confirmed by WA Beer Week then the following refund method applies:
- If you booked online or by phone using a credit card, WA Beer Week will automatically refund to the credit card used for purchase within 14 days of notifying you that a refund for this event applies.
- If you booked in an authorised WA Beer Week retail outlet, please return to the same outlet you purchased from and take along with you your WA Beer Week receipt to obtain a full refund within 90 days of the event cancellation. You will be asked to sign for your refund. If you are genuinely unable to return to the store for a refund, please contact email@example.com providing details of the event and point of purchase and any other information as reasonably required to allow WA Beer Week to arrange a refund. Note that any refunds conducted through this method will take significantly longer than refunds conducted through the retail outlet.
- If you purchased the ticket(s) independently of the WA Beer Week platform, you will need to return the tickets directly to the place where you purchased the tickets.
- Section 15 : Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Instructions and information on how to enter form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Promotion (including by a companion) constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Definitions, unless stated otherwise. The resolution of any discrepancy between these Conditions of Entry and/or the advertising of the Promotion will be undertaken by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. All decisions and actions of the Promoter relating to the Promotion or redemption of the Prize are exercised at the Promoter’s absolute discretion and are final. No discussions or correspondence with Entrants or any other person will be entered into by the Promoter.
2.1 “Entrant” means an individual who has satisfied the requirements to enter the Promotion.
2.2 “Prize Winner” means a winner of the Prize.
2.3 “Promoter” means WA Beer Week.
2.4 “Promotion” means a promotion or competition that we run.
2.6 “Prize” means the prize provided by WA Beer Week as part of the promotion or competition.
3. Prize Details: The winner of the Promotion will receive the Prize stipulated by these Conditions of Entry.
4. The Prize or part thereof are subject to availability, are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond its reasonable control, any element of any prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in delivery of any prize, or for any compensation whatsoever in relation to any prize.
5. Prize Restrictions: Prizes are not transferable. The Prize Winner agrees that they must comply with any additional requirements or conditions specified by the Promoter. This may include but is not limited to identification checks and having their name/username used in any further promotional material at the discretion of the Promoter.
6. Entry Restrictions: Eligibility to enter the Promotion is subject to the entrant being at least 18 years or older.
7. Lastly, WA Beer Week reserves the right to cancel or change a promotion or competition, with or without notice.
Exchanges And Refunds NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE ON ANY TICKET will be given or service fee except in accordance with the applicable Live Performance Australia code of practice for Event Ticketing www.liveperformance.com.au . Before purchasing tickets, carefully review your event and ticket selection. Tickets are not exchangeable or refundable except in certain circumstances where required by law as stated in the Terms and Conditions of purchase. WA Beer Week cannot offer you a refund if you can no longer attend an event, however you may give your tickets to another person to use. Other Items EVENT ORGANISERS may reserve the right of:
- Admission to events, latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break.
- To change/withdraw advertised artists, programs or seating without notice.
EVENT ORGANISERS may also append the WA Beer Week terms and conditions and these additional terms are displayed and agreed to by the purchaser during the booking process.